Local SEO is all about utilising local search engine traffic. It goes beyond just driving visitors to a website, it is a powerful online marketing tool that delivers local foot-traffic and phone calls directly to any business.
Predominately offline businesses can leverage the widespread (almost ingrained) use of search engines. Bridging the gap between online life and offline business - connecting local searchers to local business right when they need it.
A local SEO campaign is perfect for
- Bricks & mortar businesses
- Retail based business outlets
- Local professional / service providers
- Food / dining businesses
- Any business with a local level footprint
What is Local SEO
In its simplest form Local SEO involves targeting search keywords with a geographic influence on them.
Local SEO Example
Localised keyword: "Sydney SEO Agency"
Normal (broad) keyword: "SEO Agency"
Local SEO Advantages
A local SEO campaign boasts a number of advantages over a regular, broader targeted SEO campaign
You Don't Need A Website
You don't even need a website to benefit. Typically a campaign is geared towards promoting a Google Places for Business entry. (a business directory entry complete with; phone, map/directions, photos & more).
Local Competition Levels
Because your competing on a tighter geographic and keyword level a local SEO campaign can be significantly less competitive than a general SEO campaign. This also means you can expect quicker results in ranking.
Typical Local SEO Campaign Structure
Although every SEO campaign is different there are fundamental steps to a local SEO campaign.
The fundamentals of a local SEO include:
- Register, confirm & optimise a Google Places for Business entry
- Register and optimise at authoritative country/locale specific business directories & review websites etc
- Interlink, connect your other properties to your Google Places entry
- Encourage your happy customers to review you online through authorised channel
- Occasional maintenance + site expansion
All in all a local SEO campaign is a cost effective way for business (online and offline) to utilise search engines as a inbound marketing channel, that drives more than just web traffic.